Sunday, November 7, 2010

33

I'd like to start off this new week by continuing my daily wish-i-could-visit-here-today pictures because I have been busy lately with work and such. As it rains hard here, I wish I could be somewhere a little warmer and a little less gloomy outside.


 


DJOUDJI NATIONAL BIRD SANCTUARY

 


The Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary provides a range of wetland habitats which prove very popular with migrating birds, many of which have just crossed the Sahara. Of almost 400 species of birds, the most visible are pelicans and flamingos.

UNESCO World Heritage website entry

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this one before! I once went to a habitat for cranes, so I think this would be very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds fascinating! i love birds, i just got done watching Life of Birds with David Attenborough (love all his documentaries) on instant stream on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete