Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Great Barrier Reef

I'm a 20 year old with big dreams. Unfortunately I am not a millionaire and don't have the money to go out and do everything I dream of doing but I believe a healthy dose of daydreaming about these great adventures, that one day, I may be able to partake in will help keep my sanity of my mundane life.

To start off, I dream about visiting the most beautiful, in my opinion, World Heritage Site.

DREAM ADVENTURE NUMBER 1: go diving in the Great Barrier Reef



The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest reef system composed of about 3,000 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching over 1,600 miles. The reef is located in the Coral sea, off the coast of Queensland in north-east Australia. The reef can be seen from outer space and it the world's biggest single structure made by living organisms. This reef supports a wide diversity of life, and was selected as a World Heritage Site in 1981.

Wiki has a great ecology section about the Great Barrier Reef as well that talks about all the species of life that are found there.




 It's late and I'm a little too sleepy to type up what I've been looking at but I've looked up classes you can take a couple places that do dive tours or teach you how:

divethereef.com has a great collection of local dive places in Australia
and
Diving Cairns



Goodnight now. I know I'll have some pretty sweet dreams after looking at all these beautiful pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment